Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day - and She Art!

To all the ladies out there - Happy Mother's Day!
We are having wonderful weather in Ontario today, for this special Sunday!  Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying the sunshine!

I finished going through the 3 week ecourse from Christy Tomlinson that I talked about in this post HERE.  Lots of fun.  The kids have made 3 of their own multi-media pieces along with me, so that it was a real family affair.

We made 1 for my mum for Mother's Day and gave it to her today.  We used all of her bright, favourite colours - and then got her tshirts to match those!  Here is our creation - we used a photo of her to try to copy the hair style and colour. Check it out - not bad for our first try!




Materials: 8x10 canvas (Michaels), Mod Podge, foam brosh, 1" paint brush, tissue paper - all colours, old book (ripped page out of), patterned paper (assorted), 'She' pattern (Christy's workshop), bubble wrap, acrylic paints, Rub-ons, wheel stamp (SU!), distress ink (Tim Holtz), Staz-on ink - black, permanent black pen, Smooch ink, 'She' phrase (Christy's workshop).


I'll be back with some of the other creations from the kids, and the She Art that I made for myself too!
Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: