Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's a hot Christmas in August!

It’s August, it’s hot and steamy – and…. I’m thinking about Christmas! Isn’t everyone now – seriously, there are only143 days until Christmas!! I know it is very hot outside, but I do love Christmas stamps – especially these two from Eat Cake Graphics, with little ones looking for Santa outside the window – just like my little ones do.  And how clever are these two separate stamps that once you stamp them side by side – they show the Christmas tree inside! Love it!

Christmas with Mary and Billy at Window:
Card dimensions – 6” x 5”

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink –Versamark (Tsukineko); Stamps – Billy & Sparky at Window 1104-J, Mary & Mr. Meow at Window 1105-J, Christmas word cube RSW003CU (Sunshine Designs available at The Stamp Barn); foam tape, detail gold embossing powder, sheer ribbon, Tombow markers, water brush, Liquid Applique (white), loose glitter (Martha Stewart), gelly roll glitter pen, fine point black permanent marker (Martha Stewart).

The snow around the window frames is quite glittery. To do this, I sprinkled loose glitter onto the wet Liquid Applique – and then used my heat gun to puff. When it puffs the glitter makes it sparkly Liquid Applique. For the sentiment – I used Tombow #228 to colour directly onto my stamp and then stamp the sentiment onto the card (huff on the stamp first). This allowed me to make the stamp colour to the card well. Fr the background house brick, I used a black permanent fine marker to draw in the brick lines and then I used Tombow #977 and 969 to colour it – then blend.

I thought I would also show you how I work out the colouring for the cards, and show you the test I did of my idea for how I wanted to house to be around the stamped windows.
Here are my test pieces, where I did a scrap of the house bricks, and then stamp the images in Black Stazon and colour with the markers that I think I would like to use. This test coloured piece is also what I use to make my colour chart once I’m done making the card.

Here is the finished colour chart for you – if you want to give it a try too.
Enjoy!
Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: