Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mother

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.
- Abraham Lincoln

Well, Mother’s Day is getting close – make sure you remember all those ladies in your life on that special day!
I came up with these 2 cards, one for my Mum and the other for my Mother-in-Law. Not only are they Mother’s Day cards, but they double as photo frames too – simply insert a special photo of yourself or the grandkids and you’ve got a great little surprise for Mum. I also made little paper stands to match that can hold the card up to display your photos!

Gladioli Frame and stand:

And here it is showing the stand too:

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Stamps – Gladiola HSH 363 M (The Stamp Barn); Coluzzle and oval nested template, swivel knife, Tombow markers, water brush, foam tape, clear silicone.

Lilac Frame and stand:

And here it is showing the stand too:


Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Stamps – Lilac 2 pk CPSD002 D (The Stamp Barn); Coluzzle and oval nested template, swivel knife, Tombow markers, water brush, foam tape, Gel glitter pen.

Both frames were stamped using the new Spring line of images from The Stamp Barn. To make the photo frame on the fronts, I first drew the oval shape from the coluzzle cutting template so that I would make sure I stamped the images in the right spot, making sure some spilled over into the oval over the photo. Then I placed the Coluzzle template back over the oval I drew – and I cut it out, making sure not to cut where the stamped image was. To cut out around the image I just used my sharp scissors.

Make sure you remember to honour that special lady in your life!

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: