Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Really Big Read!

Here’s another card using the Eat Cake Graphics images – 2 of them actually – plus a little doodling too. There is Liquid Glass on the Hen’s glasses and some sparkle on the books – not sure if you can see it in the photo.  It's coloured wiht Gamsol Magic technique - using my Prismacolour pencils.  I added a title to each book (nice and simple - A, B, C) and a border around the image with a Sharpie fine point marker.

The Little Red Hen:
Card dimensions – 4” x 5”

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Stamps – Ms. Eggworth 5004-D, Stack of Books 8052-J (Eat Cake Graphics); Ribbon – ¼” grosgrain (Offray); Punches – corner punch (SU!), Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Blending stumps, foam tape, Liquid Glass (CTMH), Quickie glue pen, loose glitter, Sharpie fine black marker.

The Little Red Hen was the first book I received when I had my daughter – from a long time friend who spent many hours reading that same book to his children when they were young. Yes – we to have spent hours reading that book – we even made up silly names for the Little Red Hen’s 3 chicks: Peep, Peep (yes same name) and Peep Junior. I used to “peck” the kids in a tickle and they loved the story!!! Our book is well loved – but I looked at it when I started to colour this image to make sure the hen’s colour was right to the book!

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: