Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ode to the Moose

It’s another Eat Cake Graphics image today – with a very typical Canadian Majestic Moose in the scene (although the mountain in the background isn’t typical of my area of Ontario!)

Majestic Moose by the Lake:



Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Stamps – Lake Shoreline 7068-P (Eat Cake Graphics); Ribbon – 1/2” cream sheer (Offray); Tombow markers, water brush, Liquid Applique, loose glitter, ¾” circle punch (SU!), foam tape, twine, button.

And here is the colour chart if you watnt o give it a try yourself:

I started this scene by stamping the main image and then colouring the water below the image. Then I stamped the same image using a regular black ink (not StazOn) onto a clear acetate sheet. I immediately turned it over, ink side down, onto the water right below the main image – so that it looked like the shadow of the shoreline reflecting n the water. After I completely finished colouring the entire scene – I use the Liquid Applique to put snow on the mountain top. But before I heated it up to puff it, I sprinkled loose glitter on the wet Liquid Applique – so that it sparkles when it puffed up.

I think this would make a great Father’s Day card – since that is coming up shortly.

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: