Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Sweet Lily

Here’s today’s card using Eat Cake Graphics images! Enjoy!  And remember to check the Eat Cake Graphics Design Team site for all the other projects too!


Sweet Lily spreads her sparkles:
Card dimensions – (3 ¾ x 8 ½ ”)
Here’s the card:

Here’s a close up of the fairy:

And here is the sentiment inside:

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Stamps – Sweet Lily 1154-I, Fairy Dust 9048-C (Eat Cake Graphics); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Patterned Paper, flower sticker, photos corners, sentiment – Tim Coffey; foam tape, Tombow markers, waterbrush, Stickles glitter glue.

I couldn’t resist this little pixie fairy, for a few reasons. My sweet little girl’s name is Lily – so of course the stamp called Sweet Lily caught my eye right away.

As well, when I was a little girl, my Mum used to tell me that all the fairies curled up inside of tulips every night to sleep – and then in the morning when the sun came up, and the tulips opened – they flew away. So as soon as I saw that image, I thought back to when I used to look at the tulips in the morning, hoping to catch sight of a little fairy. I knew exactly what the card needed to look like!

Here is the Tombow marker colour chart for you to play along if you would like:
Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Cynde said...

Great Card! Sweet Lily and her Fairy Dust. Love your coloring! Also love the Eat Cake Graphic stamps.. I have some of them, and just love them. Thanks for the inspiration.