Friday, November 20, 2009

Santa I can explain - and Blog Candy #2 Winner! And Blog Candy #3

It's Friday!!!  Can't believe how quickly time is whipping by these days - are you feeling the same??
This Post has the winner of Blog Candy #2, a post of Blog Candy #3 (it's a quick one until Monday only!) and a new card too!

First things first:
Blog Candy #2 Winner from THIS post is............Jackie B who sent in her comment via e-mail.  She said:
My favorite colour for the season is AQUA. It looks terrific with some greens and is very subtle with white or silver. It reminds me of frozen ponds in the winter and the sky just before sunset.

So Jackie - I will make you a  place card holder in your favorite colours for this season and send along with the stamp set.  How's that?  Congratulations!

Now moving on to Blog Candy #3 - it will be a quick one with the name being drawn on Monday night (and Blog Candy #4 being posted on Monday too!).  So make sure you leave me a comment by Monday night on this post or via e-mail and I will draw the name then.  What I want to know is:  When do you normally put up your Christmas decorations in your home?  YES - mine are all up inside and out!!!  Makes me smile.  Here is Blog Candy #3 - a little stamp set (great for borders!) and a sample card with it - nice and easy:



And now for.........a new card.  Dear Santa, I can explain...
Today's card is one of my favourite Sunshine Designs images from a few years ago.  It is Whimsey Santa - and I think he is such a great looking Santa!


Materials: CS - (Bazzill); Paper - Accademia (Fabriano); Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko), silver pad, Stamps - Whimsey Santa, Snowflake from Christmas cube (Sunshine Designs, Stamp Barn); Tombow markers, paint brush, adhesive foam tape, silver jump ring, Oval punch (SU!), black belt ring, LIquid Applique (Marvy), Grosgrain ribbon - white (Offray), detail silver embossing powder, Stickles glitter.

I just love the sentiment "Dear Santa, I can explain...." - makes me imagine what my little ones would say if questioned by Santa!

Until next time, have a great day!

5 comments:

Violet said...

Cute card! My decorations go up inside the house around the 10th of December; I usually get in the Christmas spirit when we get some serious snow on the ground!

cindy said...

fabulous cards. Thanks for the opportunity to win some candy:)
http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

Claire said...

as always your colouring is amazing.
The card is very nice as well

dolcreations said...

Your creations are beautiful. I love the Santa card! You do such beautiful work!
I put my decorations up after my sons birthday which is Dec.9th. Usually that means there is snow on the ground and the music is playing on the radio and it definetly puts you in the holiday mood!

Karen said...

What great cards! The ornament one would be quite quick to do in batches, and the Santa one is just darling! I really like your idea to use liquid applique for the fur trim on the coat etc.
We (by that I mean my husband) puts up the lights outside sometime in November or early December, depending on the weather and weekends that year). Inside we put up the tree and decorate on the Sunday before Christmas (or two Sundays before if Christmas is close to the beginning of the week). Our Advent decorations go up on the first Sunday of Advent.