Sunday, November 8, 2009

Christmas Cards and Blog Candy #1

As promised, today is the start of the Christmas Card Parade and also the start of the Holiday Blog Candy as well!

Here's the first Christmas Card up on the Parade - let's go shopping!!!


Materials: CS - (Bazzill, CTMH); Paper - Accademia (Fabriano); Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko), Stamps - Sunshine Designs; Tombow markers, paint brush, white tissue paper, Scor-pal, sandpaper, adhesive foam tape, Sheer ribbon - white (Offray), detail gold embossing powder, Stickles glitter.

On this card I popped up the bag with some dimensional tape and then inserted a little tuft of white tissue paper - to make it look like a nicely wrapped gift bag all ready to deliver to someone special! Here's a closer look at that.

And the bow was done using the Bow-Easy - hey, PITA , have you used yours yet???!!!
That thing makes some wonderful looking bows and it's so easy to use too! A real treat for those who are "Bow challenged". Yes, PITA, that's you!
Here's a closer look at the bow.

Now for the Blog Candy!
Every Monday I will post a new Blog Candy for you - and you will have until the Friday of that week to write me a comment or send me an e-mail (PITA, since you don't know how to leave a comment!). I may even sneak in one on the Friday too and give you until Monday to comment - so keep watch!

For the comment I would love to know what your favourite kind of Christmas stamp is - is it a snowman, a Santa, a tree, etc. You get the idea.....
Then, every Friday I will randomly pick a comment - to win the Candy. The Blog Candy will be a little Studio G Holiday stamp set and a "Quick 'N Easy" sample card to show you one way to use the stamps. Anyone can comment, I will ship world-wide.

Here is the Blog Candy #1 - and the sample card for it. Warm and Cozy!


And here is a close up of the little card.

I cut out the card base free-hand is the shape of a little snow globe. I stamped the little snowman twice - once on the base circle and the second on a scrap of paper so I could cut him out and pop him up. A bit of ribbon in a bow, and some Liquid Applique on the brim and pom-pom on the hat and it's done. "Quick 'N Easy"!

Remember to leave a comment or e-mail by Friday and if you are randomly chosen - its yours!

Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Claire said...

my favorite would be winter sceneries , or a lamp with glowing lights and fallen snow. or a door with a wreath, anything that is welcoming or gives you that warm feeling

Love your blog

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Pam. What a pretty card, I love how you did the bag! That's so creative!

I love snowmen stamps and I also have a waterglobe with snowmen in it and I love that one too! Anything Christmasy.