Monday, November 23, 2009

Blog Candy WINNER! Teddy Bears and Blog Candy #4.

And the Winner of the Blog Candy #3 from THIS post is.............

Christine Dol - and make sure you click on that link to see her blog!  Her colouring is so wonderful, her layouts are fanastic - and take a look at her version of the Placecard Holders!!!  WOW!  I actually met Christine at a watercolouring class I did a few years ago, and what I remember most is GLITTER!!!!!!
Christine said:
I put my decorations up after my sons birthday which is Dec.9th. Usually that means there is snow on the ground and the music is playing on the radio and it definetly puts you in the holiday mood!

So, Christine, send me your mailing address and the little stamp set and card sample will be on their way to you!

Now on to today's card and the Blog Candy #4 in the same theme.  It's all about the Teddy Bears.

Teddy in a Stocking:


Materials: CS, Designer Paper - (CTMH); Paper - Accademia (Fabriano); Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko), Twilight (CTMH); Stamps - Teddy Stocking HOH 030G (House on a Hill, Stamp Barn); Tombow markers, paint brush, adhesive foam tape, satin ribbon - white (Offray), detail goldr embossing powder, White button, Hemp twine, foam tape.

This card uses some lovely coloured cardstock and patterned paper from CTMH - the Twilight colour is so nice!  To colour I used the Tombow markers, but also used the ink pad Twilight to get it to match as closely as possible to the paper.  The little bear was stamped a second time so that I could cut him out and pop him up on the original image.  Such a happy looking bear!
I have a few other cards that I did in this same colour theme - it was really working for me - so I will post those in the next few days too.

Blog Candy #4:
In light of the little teddy bear in the card today - I am giving away an alphabet stamp set that has little bears on each letter, and a couple of adorable little bears too.  It is a full alphabet from My Sentiments Exactly.


All you need to do is leave me a comment and let me know if you plan on going out Boxing Day shopping, in light of the fact that Christmas is on Friday - the sales will be in full swing on Saturday - and the discounts will be huge this year (if the pre-holiday sales are any indication!).

You have until Friday to leave a post or send me an e-mail (on any of the postings this week, if not this one) to be entered in the draw.  And I think I will post another weekend Blog Candy (It's #5) too - so make sure you drop back in!
Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Just want to say Thank you , I received the blog candy and card today and they are adorable. Thank you again .

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Beautiful watercoloring! Love how you popped up the teddy for dimension!!