Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ready to roll and a new look

Welcome back!
Well - we are all settled into the new house (although are you ever really unpacked???) and the construction on my new craft studio is now complete as well - thanks DH. Well, almost complete, just a bit of organizing and fine tuning to do still, but it is ready to welcome crafters this weekend!!! Can't wait for Friday night!

I have a TON of new cards made to share with you along with the colour charts for all of the images of course, all for this season's Sunshine Designs line as well as the Enchanted Hollow line - all from The Stamp Barn. The Stamp Barn will post them on their card samples page as well in the very near future - and you can check out some other wonderful cards there too - take a peak!

I thought I would start the ball rolling again by showing you the construction of the new craft space! I love it! You better go and get a coffee - there are a TON of photos!

Construction began shortly after we moved in - so that meant we had to repack the stuff in the basement for it to happen (we had the whole basement finished off - and set aside a great space for me and my stash!).


Once the walls were in and painted in builders white - I could paint with my favourite colour - HAZE. Such a calming colour.


A then a bit of inspiration was called for - in the form of wall decor!!! Love these decor elements from SU! I'll show you the step by step application!

And here is tree part complete.

Then for some inspirational words - here's me removing my pencil marks with an eraser.

And then for the finished inspirational wall - I love it!!!
Then the counter counter arrived for DH to install for me, along with some wall units for storage.



And then the top cupboards for storage of all that stuff that follows me home - does that happen to you too?

After all that was done DH put up some great racks I found at IKEA to hold all my punches on the wall so they are easily accessible (and sadly I already need another one - so off I go on Saturday!).

I will share the completed photos next time - with my group table and all of my "stuff" moved in.

The set-up seems to be working very well for me - and it got a great jump start with the making of al those sample cards for The Stamp Barn - how fun is that??!!

Glad to be back up and running - and I have lots to share with you over the next while, so keep checking back.

Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

dolcreations said...

Beautiful craft room...Thank-you so much for your visit to my blog. I was wonderful to hear from you, I was wondering where you were!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Pam!! Welcome back!! Wow, I'm envious of your room! I can't wait for DH to start on mine. My son is moving to the bsmt, which is where my old craft room was, so I'm tucked into the computer room right now..not alot of room! Once our daughter decides if she's moving from her room to his, I'll know where my new room is going and we'll be starting from SCRATCH and I CANNOT wait!! IKEA, here I come for storage solutions! Your room looks awesome and can't wait to see that creation start flowing!!!

Elena said...

So glad to see you are back! I love your room, looks wonderful! Looking forward for you new creations!