Monday, October 13, 2008

For You! Jodi!

Happy Thanksgiving!
This card is for Jodi, in London - using another one of the images that she sent to me to try for her.
Jodi checked and the Inuksuk stamp is from Rosewood - HERE is a link to their website - Frog's Whiskers Ink - in their nature group of stamps - B323.

I have a thing for the Inuksuk as well as fall leaves!
A long time ago, I worked on designing a set of health pamphlets for the Company I work for - and the series was designed with different Inuksuit on the covers. Very Canadian, and very representative of people! I loved that set of pamphlets!

Just a bit of info for those interested....

The Inuksuk (plural = Inuksuit) is a construction of rocks configured to resemble the human form - and literally means "pretend person". Originating from the Inuit in the Arctic - the Inuksuk was a sign to travellers that another human being had been there before, and survived. They really have 5 main reasons for being built:

1) to show the way

2) to warn of dangerous places

3) to show where food caches are located

4) to show where something significant happened (and to be respectful)

5) to help hunt for caribou

As well, there are very distinctive shapes for each of these reasons, although each is unique because it was built with the stones that were on hand in that spot at the time. All very interesting, to me anyway! I even built one in my garden - it was great!
So, since I love the fall leaves so much - I had to photograph the card outside in the beautiful seasonal colours.
Inuksuk:
Card dimensions A2

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko), black (CTMH); Stamp – Inuksuk B323 (Rosewood), sentiment (Inky Antics); foam tape, Tombow markers, water brush.

And here is the colour charts for this stamp - very easy, only 4 colours involved.

Sentiment, in case you can't see it, simply ready "for you!"

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: