Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Star Shaped Card

Today’s Christmas card is a fun one – and the shape will lend itself to any smaller stamp image.
HERE is a link to the star template that I used. To make the card base, I cut out 2 star shapes and then scored one of the roughly 1" down 1 of the points of the star. I glued that piece to the back of the start front piece - so that is opened like a regular card with a top fold - hope that makes sense! Once I made the star card base, I then took off ¼” on all edges of the template and cut out the watercolour paper to make the smaller inner star with the main image.

Star shaped Christmas Moon:
Card dimensions – 5” across
Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Stamp – Christmas Moon SD058 F (Sunshine Designs); Ribbon – cream organza (Offray), foam tape, Tombow markers, water brush, Sakura glitter pens.

A nice and easy – yet different card – give it a try! For added dimension - I stamped a second moon image and watercoloured it, then popped it up with foam tape on top of the original image.
And I noticed that Stampin’ Up has a neat star-shaped card in their Holiday mini-catalogue too – so very trendy!

Enjoy!
Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! SO different... fresh idea! I am inspired, thanks for sharing.
-Rosie
AKA Team Lilya