Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pumpkins for Jodi

ETA - Jodi sent me the stamp information for me to share so I have added it in the supply list below. Thanks Jodi!
This card is for Jodi in London, who sent me a few images to see what I could do for suggested colouring. So here is the first one – a great pumpkin image!
Jodi – can you send me a note and let me know the company that makes this stamp in case anyone wants to search it out? Send me a note, please!
Pumpkin Border #N26 - from Stamps by Judith. HERE is a link to the site.

Pumpkin Border:
Card dimensions – 6” x 3 ½”

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink – VersaMark (Tsukineko); Stamps – Pumpkin Border (Stamps by Judith), Swirl (Sunshine Designs); Ribbon – orange grosgrain (Offray), silicone, foam tape, Tombow markers, water brush, ¼” hole punch (Staples).

To make this card – cut green cardstock to 12” x 3 ½” and score at 6” and 6 5/8” along the long edge. Fold on the 6” score line. Punch 2, ¼” hole in the card spine and thread orange ribbon through to the front and tie in a bow. Using VersaMark ink, randomly stamp the swirl design all over the card front. Stamp the 5 pumpkins image twice on watercolour paper – using 1 as the main, base image and the other to cut out the 3 pumpkins in the forefront. Colour as in the colour chart, and mount the 3 cut-out pumpkins to the main image using silicone (I like to use silicone because you can “round” the image around the silicone ball for added depth). Mat the coloured image on black cardstock and then adhere matted image to the card front with foam tape.
Tombow colours used: 098, 177, 837, 905, 946, 977, 969.
Here is the colour chart for this image:

Enjoy!
Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: