Thursday, August 14, 2008

Coneflower

Today's card is done using one of my favourite stamps from Artful Stamper (bought through the Stamp Shack where I was teaching this past weekend - HI! to my Michigan ladies!). I love the coneflower - and it can be coloured in a purple scheme to be like the Echinacea plant, or in a yellow scheme to be like the Black-Eyed Susan. Either way - it would look great!

Coneflower:
Card dimensions – 3 ½” x 8 ½”
Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink – Stazon Black (Tsukineko); Stamps – Coneflower (Artful Stamper), Warm Wishes from Word cube RSW015 CU (lg) (Sunshine Designs); Ribbon - Cream organza (Offray), foam tape, Tombow markers, water brush, Dimensional Glaze (Ranger), Clear micro beads.

If any of you are interested in making this card – and colouring it the way I have done – I am going to give you the colour chart I made up for the stamp, below. It is done using Tombow markers – and I have indicated the colour numbers used with a line to the area I used it in. Just right click on the picture below and save it to your files for printing off when you want to try it yourself. Enjoy!

I used the clear micro beads to add a textured effect to the flower centre - so that it looked more realistic. I love that effect for the centres - looks and feels neat.
Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Sonya R said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing the colour chart! I quite often wonder how you colour your images.

I would love to be able to click on your pictures to get a closer view though.
Some of the numbers are hard to see with my ageing eyes.

Beautiful work!