Monday, May 19, 2008

Yertle the Turtle!

Finally – a Turtle Tuesday again!
First off - I hope everyone in Canada had a wonderful long Victoria Day weekend. The weather didn't really cooperate, but it was still nice to have some more time with the family!
Now - on to the Turtle!
This is a little turtle I had hoped would be turned in to a stamp ever since I saw the artist’s coloured drawing of him! Isn’t he cute?
I’ve seen a few people use this stamp on Split Coast Stampers – and absolutely had to have him.
He is available through Stamping BellaHERE is a link to this stamp on their website.

Yertle in the Garden:
Card dimensions – A7 (6 ½” x 5”)

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink – Stazon Black (Tsukineko); Stamps – Yertle (Stamping Bella), Hollyhocks (Sunshine Designs), A Little Garden sentiment (Janet Klein, Stampotique Originals Inc.); Ribbon - Hollyhock organza (CTMH), foam tape, Tombow markers, water brush, Sakura metallic pen (Stardust).


If any of you are interested in making this card (or any card with these stamps) and colouring the images the way I have done – I am going to give you the colour charts I made up for both the Yertle and Hollyhock stamps below. They are using Tombow markers – and I have indicated the colours used with a line to the area I used it. Just right click on the pictures below and save them to your files for printing off when you want to try them. Enjoy!
Here is Yertle:
And here is Hollyhocks:
Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Cat said...

LOVE the way your charts show how to lay the layers down. really sweet of you to share your techniques. i'm not the best colorer, but will give it another go. TFS

Anonymous said...

Great card...Love the turtle,
Keep those ideas coming..our club
just loves them...Christine
from Belhaven, Ontario

Everything Paper Crafts said...

Oh, I LOVE turtles and I just LOVE the way you colored yours!!

:) Irina

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Thank you so much for sharing your coloring techniques. Yertle is so well colored!

:-)