Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of the ladies out there – young and old! Hope someone made you feel special today (and everyday)! And here is my flower to you - on this day!

While visiting the CreativFestival at the International Centre, Toronto - back in April, I picked up a bunch of new stamps. And some that were from brand new Companies (at least they were new to me!). 1 stamp in particular is from Stampotique Originals Inc. and HERE is a link to their site. The Stampotique stamp I fell in love with is called Sunfleur – and the artist who designed her is Janet Klein. She has a great line of other flower ladies too – check them out!

Here is the sentiment that went with her – and any of the other flower ladies for that matter. I just love it!

And here is the card!

A Little Garden:
Card dimensions – A2 (4 ¼” x 5 ½”)


Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabrianno); Ink – Stazon Black (Tsukineko); Stamps – Sunfleur, A Little Garden sentiment (Janet Klein, Stampotique Originals Inc., Spring mini cube (Artful Stamper); Ribbon - lavender organza dotted (ribbon share - TexasJodyLynn), foam tape, Tombow markers, water brush, Sakura metallic pen (purple), ¼” hole punch (Staples), purple Swarovski studs.

To make this card – I stamped Sunfleur on watercoloured paper and then watercoloured her with my Tombow markers and water brush. To make the green/yellow custom background – I used a piece of watercolour paper, completely soaked it with water until very wet. Then I used my markers (2 colours of green and a yellow) to randomly swirl colour onto the paper. The water carried the colour around naturally – and I set it aside to dry very well. Once it was dry, I randomly stamped small butterflies (I coloured the stamp with my green marker and “huffed” on it before stamping) and then used the pen end of the green marker to draw swirly trails that the butterflies had flown. It made a great custom coloured background for this stamp!
A bit of ribbon, a few sparkly studs and some Sakura glitz – and it was done.

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: