Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Little Man

Hope everyone is enjoying the fantastic weather in Ontario! We had the kids out on their bikes tonight - and we laughed so much (they are really just learning)! So nice to be out and about!

I decided to play with a new stamp I picked up at Michael’s with my 40% off coupon last week – the image reminds me so much of my own little man, DS (Darling Son) – so it had to come home with me. Even DH agrees, and I think the card must be OK because he asked if he could have it for his office! Success! I hope you like it too!

Little Man:
Card dimensions – A2 (5 ½” x 4 ¼”)



Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Ink – VersaMark (Tsukineko); Stamps – Inkadinkado; Translucent vellum (WorldWin), foam tape, Tombow markers, Blender pen (LaPlume), detail silver embossing powder, silver brads (CTMH), silver picture hanger (CTMH), brown grosgrain ribbon (ribbon share – Texasjodylynn).

It was so nice to do this card – and I especially enjoyed it because it has been so long since I could sit and colour!

If you enjoy watercolouring as I do – you will enjoy this too. It is done in the same manner as watercolouring with makers on watercolour paper – except you don’t use water at all (or else your vellum will curl up!). So technically not watercolouring, but it is done in the exact same way watercolouring with markers - so we will stick with that.

So to make this card, I embossed the image on the front of the vellum in detail silver. A great hit when embossing on vellum is to place the vellum on top of tin foil when you are heating it. This prevents the vellum from warping and curling up.

Once it was embossed, I turned the vellum over and coloured it with markers on the back of the vellum/image, layering the marker colours exactly as I usually do when watercolouring with markers. Once coloured, I used the Blender pen to blend the colours and shade.

It takes a bit of practice (as watercolouring does) but the finished product is so pretty!
Can’t wait to try some flowers using this technique! They would be so delicate using vellum. Give it a try!

Until next time, have a great day!

7 comments:

Jean said...

I love this, I have this stamp also and don't use it enough. I did however win a prize at the county fair with it. Love how you did the embossing.

Deb said...

This is toooo cut, love everything about it!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card. The colors are stunning. Thanks for sharing details of the technique you used. I'll be back to visit your blog for more wonderful card creations.

Sonya R said...

Another stunning card!
Thanks for the handy hint about putting the vellum on the tin foil to stop it warping. I must try that.

Karen said...

Wow! This is a stunning card. The colouring is outstanding, and the image is just beautiful. This is a keeper.

Telefone VoIP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Everything Paper Crafts said...

Gorgeous colors for the card and your coloring is just outstanding!! LOVE it!!

:) Irina