Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I’ll be your umbrella.

Lots more watercoloured cards to come this week and next - and today is one that is looking forward to Spring!

Spring Raincoat:
Card dimensions – A2 (4 ¼” x 5 ½”)

Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko), Brocade Blue (SU!); Stamps – Raincoat from Spring Cube (Sunshine Designs), Umbrella from Random Thoughts (CTMH); Ribbon – blue satin (Offray); Tombow markers, waterbrush, Dimensional Glaze, foam tape.

You can’t see it in this photo, but the raincoat outer portion (not the inside of the hood) is coated in Dimensional Glaze to make it like a shiny yellow vinyl raincoat. That stuff is a lot of fun and also makes a great water look too!
I used this ‘Spring’ stamp cube on another card I’ll show you later on – mixing two of the images together for a nice Spring rain scene. So stay tuned!

Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is darling! I love your little yellow raincoat. It's one of my favourite stamps and this card really helps me forget that it's -20C outside and gives me hope that spring will come. Can't wait to see what else is on the way :-)

LittleSeaOtter (KH) said...

The rain coat looks awesome. Beautiful color.