Monday, January 28, 2008

Bluebells

Here’s a nice bright card for a Monday morning – to wake us all up! Lots of sparkle and shine to this one – with Stickles at the base of each Bluebell!

Bluebell:
Card dimensions – 5” square


Materials: CS – (Bazzill); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko; Stamps – Bluebell (Sunshine Designs); Tombow markers, waterbrush, Stickles glitter, foam tape, clear silicone.

The Bluebells were stamped once and coloured on the main piece of watercolour paper. Then I stamped another image, coloured only the Bluebells then cut them out. I shaped them around my paintbrush to add dimension to them – then placed them over the original Bluebells using clear silicone. The silicone allowed them to keep their curved shape well. Final element – Stickles glitter at the base of the flowers.

Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

Kerry J. said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the colour combo and of course your colouring! The stickles and popped up dimension are perfect!! TFS!

Karen said...

WWWOOOOWWWW!!! This card is fantastic!!! Those bluebells just pop. How have I missed buying that stamp all this time? 'Cause I didn't see this card, that's why :-)
Will have to look into that silicone...I'm intrigued. Where does one get it? What's it called? I'm always in the market for a new adhesive (am I the only one like that I wonder?)

austin said...

Beautiful card and the colours are fantastic!