Monday, December 17, 2007

Holy Triptych

Happy Monday morning! I hope everyone is warm and safe after the storm that has gone through - tons of snow, blowing and drifting everywhere. Good thing it happened on a weekend and not on a work day! It was a nice chance to slow down and do some holiday baking with the kids – lots of fun.

Today, I want to show you the second of a couple of cards I did for a small Christmas card exchange. Hope you like it! When I saw this stamp set in the Stampin’ Up Holiday mini, I fell in love with it – I think it was the angel that drew me in. I am now kicking myself that I didn’t get the sentiment stamp that fit it so well – Star-Studded Season! Oh well!

Holy Triptych:
Card dimensions – 4 ¼ w x 5 ½” h

Card Front, close up:



Card Inside, close up:


Materials: CS – Night of Navy (SU!); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Versamark (Tsukineko); Stamps – Holy Triptych (SU!), Sentiment ‘Believe’ (Inkadinkado); Ribbon – Buttercup Organza (CTMH), Navy satin (Offray); Tombow markers, waterbrush, detail gold embossing powder (Stampendous), Stickles glitter glue, Triptych card template (Mirkwood Designs).


This card base was done using a Triptych card shape template. There are quite a few out there on the Internet – but here is the link to the one I used from Mirkwood Designs. Click HERE if you want the template. The images were watercoloured with markers - I love this technique!

Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

WOW! That is AWESOME!

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! Thats fabulous!

Karen (aka Karen Stamps! on scs) said...

Wow! This is incredible. This is what I wanted to be able to create when I bought this set, but I know I wouldn't be able to do anything as lovely as this. What a breathtaking card. Thank you for posting! (And I know what you mean about regretting not buying the sentiment.....)

Lori said...

Thank you so much for including the pattern for this wonderful card. Your finished product is beautiful!

Lori