Tuesday, November 6, 2007

TGIF on a Tuesday

Happy Turtle Tuesday!!!
It's been a while since I have had a turtle card for you - but it's back up and running.
Here is one of the new stamps I got in London a few weekends ago – at the Stamp Shack (they are the retail side of The Artful Stamper).
It was SO cute – I couldn’t resist it! Hope you like my take on it! I'm calling it "Thank Goodness It's FLY-day" or TGIF for a Turtle Tuesday! (DH named the card - that is what he thought of when he saw it!)

Turtle and Friend:
Card dimensions – 4 ¼ h x 5 ½” w
Materials: CS – Chocolate, Breeze, Black (CTMH); Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Stamps – Pond Friends (The Artful Stamper); Tombow markers, waterbrush, Icicle Stickles, silicone, Cuttlebug and embossing folder (Provo Craft), sandpaper.

This card base was embossed with the swirls folder on my Cuttlebug. I then sanded it to reveal the white inner core of the CTMH cardstock. I then sanded the outer edges of the front to distress it, as well.
For the main coloured image, I stamped it 3 times; 1 for the base, 1 for the frog, turtle and rocks layer and the 1 for just the frog and turtle individually. I coloured them all, and cut out the frog, turtle and rocks piece, and then the frog and turtle individual pieces – which I layered using silicone.
See this photo of a side view (sorry it seems to be so blurry) to see the different layers here.


Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card love that stamp and your coloring is fantastic.

Heather said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring is amazing!

Karen said...

So cute! What a great stamp and you've really showcased it well. And I love your new version of TGIF!

Doris said...

Great blog and beautiful cards! Just added to my faves list.

Hope you get a chance to check out my blog, too!