Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Monday!

Well, I’m back after a week off of the blog – feeling very refreshed and creative! Hope you’re ready for some new things!

My little family and I had a great weekend away this past Saturday & Sunday. I had the opportunity to sit in on the Introductory and Advanced watercolouring classes with Krista Schneider (the artist behind Sunshine Designs) in London, Ontario – and let me say it was SO much fun!
And if any of you ladies from those classes are reading – HI!

The class was at a phenomenal stamp store called the Stamp ShackHERE is a link to their website. There were so many stamps in there, it took me almost my entire lunch hour to look through them all, along with literally hundreds of fantastic card samples. What a treat! And, of course, I had to buy some new stamps – how could I not with such inspiration?

Sunshine Designs is now owned by The Stamp Barn in Ottawa, Ontario – while Krista is still the fantastic artist behind those great stamped images that Sunshine Designs has become so well known for. HERE is the link again to the Sunshine Designs website, with the new contact information – and where you can also do on-line ordering of those stamps if you wish.

So today – I am going to show you the cards we made in the 2 classes in London - I hope you are inspired!

Introduction to watercolouring with markers (3 cards):


Advanced watercolouring with markers (4 cards):


Materials (I’ve tried to make a general list all of things used, for all cards): CS – Bazzill; Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – various waterproof inks (black, metallic, Versamark for embossing); Stamps – Sunshine Designs, Artful Stamper; Ribbon; Tombow markers, waterbrush, foam tape, Stickles, embossing powder (gold).

If anyone is in the area next weekend – the Creative Sewing & Needlecraft Festival is on at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario. I am demoing watercolouring with markers for Sunshine Designs/Stamp Barn on Saturday – so try to stop by if you are going to the show. Make sure you introduce yourself to me! HERE is the link to the show.

Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

WOW, these cards are awesome, some great watercoloring there, must have been a fantastic class.

Niki said...

These are gorgeous! I would love to know how you made them. :)

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW these are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Sonya R said...

WOW!!! Just love your work. Stunning watercolouring.