Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Faith is the bird….

Today’s card is one that I have wanted to make for some time. First off, I love the sentiment – it is such a beautiful quote.

Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.
Tagore.

The trouble was that I had just never found a stamp that I liked well enough to use this quote with. The first thing I thought of when I saw the new Christmas Bird cube from Sunshine Designs, was not Christmas, but instead this quote. The birds are absolutely beautiful on the cube and I just had to try it out.

Faith is the bird:
Card dimensions 5 ½ w x 4 ¼ h

Materials: CS – Cocoa (CTMH), Turquoise; Paper –Accademia (Fabriano); Ink – Archival Black (CTMH); Stamps – Christmas Birds cube (Sunshine Designs); Ribbon – turquoise grosgrain (ribbon share – texasjodylynn); Tombow markers, waterbrush, Pop Dots, sandpaper, glitter glue (Crayola), computer font, Cuttlebug & embossing folder (Provo Craft).

I have always hesitated when it comes to making sympathy cards. They are so hard to get the right feeling. But I have added the sentiment “With Sympathy” inside this card and I'm really happy with the feel of this one.
I will show you a Christmas card using this bird cube, later on. Christmas will always be my favourite time.

Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a lovely sentiment and perfect stamp for it. Great card.

Kalyber said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The colors, layout and sentiment are wonderful.

Kathy Brown said...

Wow, love it!! You do great work. TFS

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment and the script style it is written in - absolutely beautiful!!