Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yet Another Blast From The Past Turtle Tuesday

Happy Turtle Tuesday!
I am going to feature yet another “blast from the past” Turtle Tuesday Card this week – but first I had a question come in on a previous project - the Collapsible Calendar.
Anonymous said:
Can you explain what the rubber band is used for... thanks!

HERE is the link to the project –for you to see what it is.
ANSWER: The elastic band is hooked inside the shape, where indicated on the template, and it allows the calendar to automatically “pop up” into shape when it is taken out of an envelop. It collapses flat to insert into an envelope, then pops up for using! Lots of fun. I hope that explains the use of the elastic band, and if not, send me another comment with your questions and I will try to explain further.

And for toady’s Blast form the Past Turtle Tuesday Card – it’s a recycled turtle!

Tissue Box Turtle:
Card dimensions 5” square
Materials: StazOn Black; Stamp - Birthday Turtle set (Inky Antics); CS - Real Red (SU!); Ribbon - white grosgrain (CTMH); large brads (Making Memories), Tissue box - NoName (Loblaw Companies Ltd.)

Here are the photos and write up from the original post for you to see:

Today's card was inspired by this - a tissue box!


I was putting the tissue box in the recycle bin, and thought the design and colours were very interesting. And the green would make a great turtle!!!!
So here's the card that came out of it...

And here's the inside (and the turtle!)

HERE is the link to the original posting, if you want more details on specifically how I made it.

Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

I love what you did with your tissue box prints and I particularly like how you covered up the brads on the inside of the card. Looks so neat and coordinated!

Stamper Gail said...

Great recycling project. I get a lot of inspiration from tissue boxes too.

Dawn Easton said...

Love this!!