Thursday, August 30, 2007

Night Village - -Take 1

I’m back! Does anyone else find that week before school officially starts as hectic as I do??!!
Anyway - I’ve been getting excited about Fall coming, and Christmas too! Lots of great photo ops, food and, of course, Christmas Cards to make!

This stamp is a brand new release from Sunshine Designs. I am still playing with the colours – and shading, and I think next time I will emboss the actual outline, but I really love this stamp! I also want to try the stamp out as a morning village scene – making the sky and sun a yellow, pink and red-ish sunrise – might be a neat experiment! If you haven’t seen the new releases from Sunshine Designs – check out the website HERE. They are absolutely beautiful! If your local scrapbook store doesn’t carry the stamps, you can order on-line!

Night Village:
Card dimensions 5” h x 6 ½ ” w

Materials: CS – Red, Green (Bazzill), Navy (Generations); Paper – Watercolour Paper (Hilroy); Ink –Black StazOn, Garden Green (CTMH); Stamp – Night Village, Christmas Mini-Cube (Sunshine Designs); Ribbon – green grosgrain (ribbon share - texasjodylynn); Tombow markers, waterbrush, glitter glue, Pop dots.

Image was stamped in Black StazOn and watercoloured with markers. Takes a bit of time, as there is a lot of colouring - but it was FUN!

Until next time, have a great day!

6 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This is such an awesome stamp and card, it would be intersting to see it done as a sunrise. One quesiton did you do the shadows on the snow, that is so neat.

Allison said...

This is lovely!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word! This card takes my breath away!!! What fantastic colouring!!!

Cindy H. said...

This card is so gorgeous and your coloring is fabulous!!

NormaJ said...

This is the cutest card going.
A different look at Christmas and
the options for colouring are endless. Love it.

Corie said...

So beautiful -- fantastic colors!!!