Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend and are all ready to get the work week started!
Lots of things to note: it’s just a little over 4 months to Christmas (can you believe that??!!) and the trees around our place are already starting to turn to Fall colours in some spots! That’s OK with me – I love Fall (and Christmas too!).

I’ve got TONS of new stamps – now all I need is TONS of extra time!

Before the card for today - I thought I would share how I keep my stamps and punches documented, so that I know what I have and which punch can be used with which stamp.
As soon as I get a stamp, I stamp it (or the entire set, if it is a set) onto an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of copy paper. I use a grey coloured ink, as black is often hard to clean up, and it’s not necessary. I label the sheet with the name of the stamp and the manufacturer, and I then put the sheet into the appropriately titled section (Animals, Special Occasions, Words, etc.) of a 3-ring binder. See the photo below of this:

For my punches, I use an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of cardstock, and I punch a sample of each punch around the edge, making a master template of all my punches. I then label each punch-out with the name of the punch and the manufacturer. Once 1 sheet is filled, just start another one - I have 2 in all. See the photo below of this:

This is a great way to see if a certain punch can be used on a certain stamp you have in your binder (or that you would like from a catalogue), as you can lay it over the images to see if they fit in the punch-out. Nice and easy – no guess work. This is a fun way to look through new catalogues!

And now for today’s card. It is one for a co-worker who is moving into her first house today! Such an exciting time for her!

Home Sweet Home:
Card dimensions 5” square

Materials: CS – Green, Burgandy, Black (Bazzill); Paper – Accademia (Fabriano); Ink - StazOn Black; Stamp – Houses Cube, House Party Word Cube (Sunshine Designs); Ribbon – Black gingham (Offray); Pop Dots, Tombow markers, waterbrush.

Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your Home Sweet Home card, the coloring and shading is great. What a great idea for your stamps, I just converted all my stamps over to cling and this would certainly have helped me in organizing them, well it is never too late.

Cindy H. said...

Very nice *moving day* card! Your coloring is fabulous. I especially like how you keep track of your punches. I may convert my system to yours :)

I stamp my stamp images on 5X8" cards that are filed in 2 file boxes. I stamp as many as will fit on a card that is subject related, i.e. animals, people, nature, etc. When my art muse has left, I'll just pick a picture in the file box and color it hoping that it helps to get that stamping urge back, lol. It often works.

Thanks for sharing your system.

Corie said...

Fantastic card -- love it. Thanks for sharing the ideas about the stamps.

Wife2TJ said...

This is a great idea! I could imagine its very time consuming, but worth it in the end. I love organization!!!