Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Go! Go! Turtle Tuesday!

Go! Go! Turtle Tuesday!!!
Today’s card is a turtle for a little boy. I left off any main sentiment and opted for a background of the word ‘Go!’ – this way I can add a punch out of any main sentiment I may need, for any special occasion. It’s handy to have some of these general cards around for you to customize on a moments notice.

Go! Go! Turtle:
Card dimensions 5 1/2” w x 4 1/4” h
Materials: CS – White, Navy (Generations); PP (Generations); Ribbon – Ribbon share (texasjodylynn); Stamps – Sporty Turtle (Inky Antics), Ink – Black, White Daisy (CTMH); Punches - Horizontal slit, ticket corner (SU!); Pop Dots, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stump, large silver brads (Making Memories).

Nothing too difficult on this card. I like the way you can use brads to wrap around ribbon in order to tie it. It’s a nice touch for cards you want a more masculine feel to – instead of fancy bows or knots that might make it seem “frilly”.
The PP from Generations matched so nicely with the little sporty turtle and his baseball!

I’ve got some great new stamps from my favorite Companies (Sunshine Designs, House Mouse, CTMH) – so I hope to play with those soon!

Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This is such a cute card.

Cindy H. said...

Well, this card is sooo sweet! I love that tip about the brads and ribbons - great idea! I'm definitely going to try that idea. :)