Friday, June 29, 2007

Rainy Days - Just not this weekend!

Well – Happy Friday – and Happy Long Weekend, to everyone in Canada, that is. It is the Canada Day long weekend and official kick off of summer. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing one!
Today is also the last day of this House Mouse feature week. I hope you’ve enjoyed it – I know I have. Yesterday some friends and I got together and shared our House Mouse stamps – so I have a whole lot of new images to colour and use for future posts – FUN!

Here’s today’s House Mouse card…

Make The Most Of Your Rainy Days!:
Card dimensions 5” h x 6 ½” w



Materials: CS – Blue (CostCo), Black, White (CTMH); Other paper – Vellum; Ink –Black StazOn, Heavenly Blue (CTMH); Stamp – Sitting In The Rain (House Mouse); Ribbon – lavender grosgrain (ribbon share texasjodylynn), White grosgrain (CTMH); Punches – large and small oval (SU!), Giga scalloped circle (Marvy); Prismacolor pencils, blue brads (Making Memories), Cuttlebug and embossing folder (Provocraft), mini pop dots, sponge, computer font for sentiment.

The inspiration for this card came from THIS POST on Amy Celona’s Stampin’ On blog. She did a beautiful scenery card using a vellum overlay with a stamped image, and coloured paper behind that. So this was my take on this technique.
First I made clouds on white CS using a punched Giga scalloped circle, as I showed you in THIS POST some time ago. Then I stamped my House Mouse image onto vellum using StazOn. After I let the vellum dry/set for a few minutes, I turned it over and coloured the image with my Prismacolor pencils, on the back (no blending with mineral spirits is needed). Once you turn it back over and place it on top of the stamped CS with clouds – it looks like big old rain clouds in the background!
I love the sentiment, too. Rainy Days… we all have them, and we just need to get through them, and make the most of it. But here’s hoping this Long Weekend has no rainy days!

Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Wonderful card, these little guys are so cute

Cindy H. said...

Toooo cute!!! I love that vellum idea, I'll have to give that a try. Don't have these cute little guys to try it with, though.

doverdi said...

Another totally adorable card. Thanks for sharing.

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Great card. I think you did a fabulous job.....and you gotta love them mice. TFS