Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"Ruff" Day!

First things first, I want to send out a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for the sweet comments on the little painted turtle from yesterday. That little guy sat on my desk for a month and a half waiting for me to see if I would do anything with him – and now I’m so glad I did! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Today’s card is yet another special request (I’ve had a few of those these past weeks!) for someone who is off work recuperating from an injury - someone who is feeling “RUFF”!

Feeling RUFF:
Card dimensions – 5 1/2” w x 8 1/2” h.


Materials: CS – Cocoa, White (CTMH), lime green, patterned paisley (Wild Asparagus); Ink –Black (CTMH); Stamp – Beggar (Inky Antics); Punches – ¼” hole (Staples), corner rounder (EK Success), paper piercer/ mat (Making Memories), brown embroidery thread (DMC), computer font, mini pop dots, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stump, Exacto knife/mat.

For this card, it was to be from a group of people, so I added extra pieces of paper inside – attaching them to the spine of the card with embroidery thread. This way everyone can sign inside. I trimmed regular 8 ½” x 11” copy paper by ¼” inch on one long and one short side, so that the paper would not mistakenly hang out the sides or top, and be seen. I used an Exacto knife to cut around the bottom of the dog’s paws, so that I could slip the little sign under his paws so that it looks like he is holding it. For the sign, I matched the r/g/b codes on the computer to match the font colour to Cocoa from CTMH – so that it all matches! A little piercing on the photo corner to finish it off and that’s it done!

I hope you don’t have a “RUFF” day yourself!

Until next time, have a great day!

5 comments:

Cindy H. said...

I absolutely adore this card!!! Your coloring and shading is perfect as is the DP! Boy this would cheer me up in a heartbeat :) TFS

Allison said...

Terrific looking card!

Angie said...

Love your card and love that dog!!

Wife2TJ said...

So very cute!!!

Rose Ann said...

Awe...this is so cute, and your coloring looks wonderful!