Friday, June 15, 2007

A Book Of Love

**ETA - I have added in the poems from my DD's and DS's page for everyone that has asked!
It's Friday - and a special weekend for many men out there - especially my DH.
You see, Sunday is not just Father's Day, but it is also DH's Birthday (and a milestone one at that!). So a Father's Day card and a Birthday card just didn't seem to hold as much significance as I needed them to! So I made him A Book Of Love.
Here's what I have been cooking up the past few days, after everyone was asleep!

A Book Of Love:
Dimensions 5" w x 6 1/2" h.

Materials: CS - white (CTMH), purple, green (Bazzill), navy (Generations); PP - Olive Parlor Stripe, Sandbox stripe, Nook stripe (Chatterbox); Ink - Bashful Blue (SU!), Cranberry, Pansy Purple, Blush (CTMH), Stamps - heart (Michaels), Birthday Bash (CTMH); Punches - Word Window, Ticket Corner, 1 3/8" circle (SU!), 1/4" hole (Staples); Ribbon - blue grosgrain, purple striped grosgrain (ribbon share texasjodylynn); Cuttlebug, CB alphabet die cut - Olivia (Provocraft), white embroidery thread (DMC), paper piercer.mat (Making Memories), computer font, Canon photo paper, 2-way glue pen (ZIG), white photo hanger (CTMH), pop dots, mini glue dots, deco scissors (Fiskars).

I made this book from 2 cards tied together on the spine with embroidery thread, and then I decorated a 2-page spread from each of us: me, DD, DS. I found some great poems about Dad on the internet and picked one from each of us - to go with the photos I wanted to use.

Here's my double page spread. The poem is called "What Makes A Dad" and I used photos that are special to both of us - of our family.
Here's the poem:

What Makes A Dad
God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete, And so, He called it ... "DAD!"

And here's my daughter's page.
Here's the poem:

My daddy is the greatest;
The best dad there ever was.
He always brings me lots of joy;
He’s my very own Santa Claus.
My daddy can do anything;

He’s smart as smart can be.
I love to walk and hold his hand
To show he belongs to me.
I love my daddy!
By Karl Fuchs


And here's my son's page.
Here's the poem:

Dad, I'm blessed to be your son
I knew it from the start.
You're a first-class father;
You're loving, kind, and smart.
You show me how to be a man

You help me, guide me, along the way.
You're strong, and yet you're gentle, too.
I hope I'm just like you, someday!
By Joanna Fuchs



(Disclaimer - No little boys were hurt in the making of this photo! Smile!)

I hope he likes it! He can keep it with him in his office, when he needs a bit of a lift!
I hope you have a special weekend planned for yourself!
Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

OMG, can't think of anything else to say it is...... OMG, there I go again.

Heidi said...

What a beautiful book!! I love the colors and the pictures and poems are awesome! I'm sure he will love it!

Cindy H. said...

Obviously a book of much love! *Dad* may have tears in his eyes reading this special book. Absolutely lovely! You did a great job! TFS

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Wow, wow, wow......this is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this.