Friday, May 18, 2007

Box, Lid and Tissue to match - Oh My!

We made it to Friday – YEAH! – and I wish everyone a very safe and happy long weekend! Enjoy yourselves!

Today’s post is a CASE (Copy and share everything) of a project that was highlighted on Nicole Heady’s blog for the new Papertrey stamp set. I don’t have the Little Lady stamp set she used so I used one of the SAB sets from Stampin’ Up.
This little box project is so cute and easy! Check out the link to Nicole’s complete instructions on how to make this oh-so-cute box. I took it a step further, added a matching tag and then made tissue paper to match as well. I love things that all coordinate like this – so I couldn’t stop without the tissue paper too!

Delight Box, Tag and Tissue:


Materials: CS – Breeze (CTMH), White (Paperbilities), Tissue paper; Stamps – Delight in Life (SU!), Ink – Breeze, Black (CTMH); Ribbon – black grosgrain, black gingham (Offray); ¼” hole punch (Staples).

I started off with a 12” x 12” piece of the white cardstock (make sure you measure first to ensure that you cardstock is 12” x 12” – as some come slightly varied – example 12” x 11 ¾” and you need it to be completely square). I decorated it with my stamp set, and followed Nicole’s instructions on how to make the box. I cut the square for the box base slightly smaller – by 1/8” – so that it would fit into the top securely. I stamped the same pattern and colours on the tissue paper as well. The whole project came together very quickly and was a lot of fun. I am really pleased with the results!! Make sure you give this one a try!

I’ll be back on Tuesday (because of the long weekend) – with Turtle Tuesday! Hope to see you too!
Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: