Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Turtle Tuesday!

Happy Turtle Tuesday – after the long May weekend!! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and got some time to relax.

This card was inspired by a “stamp-off” sheet that we ended up with after last Thursday’s crafting morning. One of my friends had a very interesting sheet of stamped-off balloons in a bunch on her scrap paper – and it looked great.
So I had to make one just like it, with the little turtle hanging from the balloons.

Turtle Balloons:
Card dimensions - 9” h x 4 ¼” w.


Materials: CS – White, Sweet Leaf (CTMH); Stamp – flower turtle (Inky Antics), Birthday Bash (CTMH), sentiment (Inkadinkado); Ink – Black, Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock (CTMH); Ribbon – white grosgrain (CTMH); horizontal slot punch (SU!), hollyhock eyelets (CTMH), waterbrush (CTMH), Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps.

To get the flower turtle stamp without the flowers he usually has in his hands, I taped off the flowers on the rubber, inked up the stamp, removed the tape and then stamped the turtle. To stamp the many balloons in a bunch, I made 4 balloon masks out of post-it notes, randomly stamped some main image balloons and covered the ones that I wanted to be in the front of the image with the masks. Remember – always stamp from the front of the image (the balloons that would be at the front of the bunch, so that they are shown in their entirety) and then continue to stamp the background ones after masking the front ones (so those ones show as only part balloons).
The grass was painted with my waterbrush and Sweet Leaf ink pad to finish it off.

This card would be great if packaged in a clear cello bag with some nugget chocolates covered in PP to match! A nice little gift!
Tomorrow I'll have another House Mouse creation to share.
Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Another wonderful turtle card! I really love it! I was admiring the balloons and decided that with the colors that you chose and a little selective masking, wouldn't they make great grapes, too! Yummmm. TFS

Heidi said...

OMGoodness! I love Turtle Tuesday! Always makes me smile! This little guy is super cute! Isn't it great where we find our inspiration!? I haven't been to your site in a little while (life is so busy sometimes) and I hate when I miss such great things you make!