Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Turtle Tuesday Again!

It’s Turtle Tuesday – again!
Hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as I did – everyone made my birthday so special – thanks!

It’s a bit hard to nail down exactly the best description of today’s card – what do you think?
It is a sliding latch card (using the Word Window punch for the slider through the slots to latch it shut), it is also a tri-fold card of a sort, and the turtle is definitely not your usual type – he’s gone a bit WILD!!!!!!!!!

Howdy! Card and Vellum Envelope:
Card dimensions – 3 3/4” h x 4” w.

And here it is open, with the little sliding latch on the envelope - so you can see how it works:
Materials: CS – Terracotta, Black (CTMH); PP – Wild Adventure paper pack (CTMH); Stamp – Sporty Turtle (Inky Antics); Ink – Black (CTMH); Word Window, Horizontal Slit punch (SU!), black photo hanger (CTMH), Ribbon - Blue, Black grosgrain ribbon (ribbon share texasjodylynn), vellum envelope.

I finished this card off with a little vellum envelope that I lined in the same patterned paper as the card front – just for a bit of pizazz. I like things that match!

I often forget to send out cards “just because” – you know what I mean? We send out lots of special occasion cards for this and that, making sure we remember everyone’s special days – but how about those cards “just because” you are thinking of someone? See if you can do your own Howdy! card, just to say “Hi, I’m thinking of you!”
Oh, and don’t forget to put it in the mail to someone special!!!!!

Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Cindy H. said...

Another turtle cutie! I love the whole idea of your card and the colors. Very clever!!!