Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sunshine Designs Highlight Week - Day 2

And on to Day #2 of designs using Sunshine Designs stamps!
See Day #1 HERE.

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m going to skip this week’s installment of Turtle Tuesday – since Sunshine Designs doesn’t have a Turtle stamp! (Again, Krista, if you’re reading this – I need your oh-so-cute turtle illustration turned into a stamp cube! Pretty please!!!!!!!!!!) I did, however, make the card in a green colour so that it is not WAY off base for Turtle Tuesday (which will return next week, with a brand new design!).

I used the Boy’s Life stamp cube again for today's card (on the cube there are 4 images: the shoes featured on Day #1, a car used today, an old fashioned TV with the game Pong on it, and a comic book)

The Car:
Card dimensions 8 ½” w x 3 ½” h.


Materials: CS – solid, striped (Wild Asparagus, My Favorite Things); Paper – Professional grade watercolour paper (Hilroy); Stamp – Boy’s Life Cube (Sunshine Designs); Ink – Black (Close To My Heart); Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, grosgrain ribbon (Wild Asparagus, My Favorite Things), ¼” hole punch (Staples), Liquid Glass (Close To My Heart), jump ring, key charm, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!).


Colouring Technique: Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps – on watercolour paper.

Other Techniques Used: Liquid Glass on front window and headlights – for that ‘glass’ look. It doesn't show this very well in the photo, but looks (and feels) cool!

This would make a great card for someone turning 16, getting a new car, getting their learners permit or drivers license, or even taking a road trip! Even though this is from the Boy’s Life stamp cube, it doesn’t have to be for a boy – it could really be for anyone!

Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'll let you slide without the turtle just this once! Really cute card! I like the little key charm on it!