Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Turtle Tuesday!

Happy Turtle Tuesday!
The colours I used today can’t but make you smile – they are so bright and Spring-like! (Who says turtles have to be coloured in ‘real’ colours! Not me!)

Thank You Turtle:
Card dimensions: 6 ½” w x 3 ¾” h.


Materials: CS – green, pink (Bazzill); Paper – professional grade watercolour paper (Hilroy); Stamps – All Natural (SU!), Flower Turtle (Inky Antics); Ribbon – polka dot grosgrain (Offray); Ink – True Black Archival Ink (CTMH); Tombow markers, waterbrush (CTMH), dimensionals (SU!).

If anyone is looking for a great black ink to stamp images they want to watercolour – this True Black Archival Ink from CTMH is worth a try. It is waterproof, and does not smudge when you apply the water to the colours. I am always frustrated, as ones that say they are for watercolouring rarely work as they promise or they are not a true black, and look almost purple. But this ink does as it says – no smearing! I also got the cleaner especially made for this ink as well - worked very well!
I drew the grass on either side of the turtle by hand with the brush style end of the Tombow marker and then inked up the Thank You sentiment with the same marker.
Nice and simple with a clean look.

I believe this All Natural stamp set (from which I used the Thank You stamp) is on the Stampin’ Up list to be retired. I am glad I have it – I really like the font of this Thank You and use it quite often.
Tomorrow…. it is another Birthday drive-by!

Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Sooo cute! I always look forward to your "Turtle Tuesdays" and you never disappoint! This one is just as adorable as all the others.

Allison said...

Super cute...love the clean design!

Heidi said...

I just love her pink shell! Way cute!