Thursday, May 10, 2007

Finding Inspiration

Hope everyone is out enjoying the nice warmer weather that has finally arrived (at least in Ontario!). Mother's Day is coming up this weekend - and I hope everyone has a least one special lady in their life that can celebrated! And don't forget to celebrate yourself (and pets do count as kids, as does DH at times!)
I was looking at paint chips in Home Depot the other day, and saw a wonderfully coloured inspiration pamphlet from Behr Paints. It was the Subtle Blends palette and the colours were so beautiful together - take a look:


I know doing card using paint chip samples in not new - but it is new to me, as I never felt inspired by them. But this Behr pamphlet really caught my eye. So I grabbed the paint chips that matched the cover, and the contrasting flowers - and here is the result. I just had to use the In Full Bloom stamp set from Stampin' Up - to honour it, as it is now on the retiring list!



Materials: Stamp - In Full Bloom (retiring soon, SU!), Inkadinkadoo sentiment; CS - white; Ink - Black StazOn, Black (CTMH); Ribbon (Offray), Word Window punch (SU!), white small brad (CTMH), Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug embossing folder - textiles (Provocraft); Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stump, Liquid Glass (CTMH), glass microbeads (Halcraft), paint chip - Behr (Home Depot).
I really like the microbeads in the centre of the flower, they add a bit of dimension and sparkle - but thank goodness for tweezers - those little things kept running away from me!
Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Allison said...

A gorgeous creation!

sentimentsbydenise said...

This is fabulous! You may inspire me to try paint chips again! Very pretty!

Maggie said...

i really enjoyed this card. i used paint chips once and really liked creating with them. thanks for sharing.

donna said...

This is stunning. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful stamp set.