Friday, May 25, 2007

Diorama Day

It’s Diorama Day! And it’s Friday!!! Ya Hooooooo!
These little diorama cards are so fun to make and the possibilities are endless as to the stamp sets you could use, and the themes you could do! AND – they fold flat for mailing!!!
The complete instructions on how to make these diorama cards comes from Split Coast Stampers, and can be found HERE. I had a couple of fellow stampers over yesterday to make these, and every one turned out so well!

Hoppy Birthday:
Card dimensions – 3” h x 4 1/2” w.


Materials: CS – White, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa (CTMH); Stamp – Unfrogettable (SU!); Ink – Cocoa, Heavenly Blue, Sweet Leaf (CTMH); 1 3/8” and 11/4” circle punch (SU!), Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps, glitter glue (Crayola), sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig (SU!).

The back wall of the diorama is stamped to look like clouds, using a cloud template that I cut out of cardstock. The Heavenly Blue ink was sponged over the cloud template, which was placed at different angles to get a more natural look.
I added a strip of Sweet Leaf green CS along the bottom front, which I cut to look like grass. Once the grass strips were cut, I cut various strips at different heights and then sponged the tips with Sweet Leaf ink to highlight it.
I added some glitter to the dots on the toadstools and flowers after I took this photo – just to add a bit of zip to the card. Also, the stamp-a-ma-jig came in handy to get the sentiment on the back piece to fit in the centre of the punched circles – so that it can be read easily.

I am going to punch a small hole in one side, and hang a tag on there so that I can write a personal message without ruining the diorama piece. Then it is off in the mail to a friend who has a birthday coming up at the end of month (and friend, if you’re reading this – keep your eye on the mail!)

Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

Ila said...

This is Adorable...so cute!! Your coloring is wonderful. These cards always look so difficult to me. Thanks for sharing and the link!

Heidi said...

That is so cute! I love the three holes in the center for everything to peek through. I also love the grass and the coloring!

Craft Fairy said...

That is so cute. I bet that the person who received it was delighted.