Monday, May 7, 2007

Chickens!

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I was playing with the Faux Wood technique last week and had a blast working on Barn-like cards with this great background technique!

Strut Your Stuff:
Card dimensions 6 ½” w x 5” h

And here is a close up of the fence and the chicken:


Materials: Stamp – Walk This Way (retired, SU!); Ink – White Daisy, Black, Grey Wool (CTMH); CS – Grey Wool, Black, Bamboo, White (CTMH); black fine point marker (Marvy), mini pop dots, Word Window punch (SU!), computer font, copper deco wire, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps.

To do the Faux Wood background, I used a CS base of Bamboo. I ran the White Daisy Ink pad along the CS lengthwise, and then ran the Grey Wool ink pad over this, in the same direction, until I was happy with the look and colouring. Then I used the black fine point marker and a ruler to draw the board lines and nail dots. I was really pleased with the look when it was done – and it was just calling for a chicken to walk across it – so I borrowed the Walk This Way stamp set from a friend (Thanks PITA)!

I searched for a Chicken wire stamp, but the one from SU! retired a few years ago, and the one at stampingfreak.com is out of stock (both mounted and unmounted) so I made my own with copper decorative wire. I don’t think I would do this again, as it was way too time consuming!!!!!
I have one more card like this, with a slight twist to the Faux Wood – so I’ll post it on Wednesday after Turtle Tuesday tomorrow! Yeah!

Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Very cute...nice job!

Heather said...

I love your card. Your faux wood background is wonderful. I bought the wheel to try that technique ages ago but never got around to trying it. Guess I need to get cracking- thanks for the inspiration.

sentimentsbydenise said...

The chicken wire is so creative! I like everything about this card - very cool!