Monday, April 30, 2007

Sunshine Designs Highlight Week - Day 1

I’m back – and ready to share some of the fun new things I found at the Creative Sewing and Needlecraft Festival last weekend!

Last year, I got hooked on some stamps I found at my local scrapbook store (LSS), made by a Company called Sunshine Designs – the owner/artist’s name is Krista Schneider. Sunshine Designs is Canadian (Yeah!) and based in Ontario. They are a wholesale company – so you have to purchase their stamps from your LSS, and they have a great watercolouring technique using water-based markers with instructions available in booklet form. They also offer classes!
Definitely ask your LSS to get some of these stamps in (and they do have distributors for outside of Canada too - US, Australia and Germany!). If you want to take a look at Sunshine Design’s catalogue to view their stamps – here’s the LINK to the catalogue (in pdf format).

So - each day this week, I will show you designs using Sunshine Designs stamps! I was so happy to see their NEW stamps at the CSNF – so I just had to buy some!! Hope you enjoy these!
(I’m going to skip this week’s installment of Turtle Tuesday – since Sunshine Designs doesn’t have a Turtle stamp! Krista, if you’re reading this – I need your oh-so-cute turtle illustration turned into a stamp cube! Pretty please!!!!!!!!!!)


The Journey:
Card dimensions 5 ½” w x 4 ¼” h.

Materials: CS – Desert Sand, Black (Close To My Heart), green (Bazzill); Paper – Professional grade watercolour paper (Hilroy); Stamp – Boy’s Life Cube (Sunshine Designs); Ink – Black (Close To My Heart); Computer font – Fine Hand (MS Office); Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, paper piercer/mat (Making Memories), hemp twine, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!).

Colouring Technique Used: Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps – on watercolour paper.

Other Techniques Used: Distressing with open blade of scissors on edges of main image and 2 mats – for that ‘aged’ look.


I love the quote on the front page – it is so true. The sentiment inside the card says:
Make sure you have the right shoes!
This would make a great card for someone going off to school, starting a new job, getting a promotion, or any other ‘adventure’ in their life. A lot of people find it hard to make masculine cards – so this stamp cube – Boy’s Life -might be your answer! It doesn’t have to be just for little boys – it can be for big boys too! Or even girls for that matter!

Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Aunt T said...

Great card. I love the sentiment. It would be great with my 3-Day walk cards!