Thursday, April 12, 2007

Almost the weekend!

Hang in there - we are almost at the weekend!
First off - let me say a big thank you everyone for the comments, e-mails on my blog as well as comments and PM's on SplitCoast on my recent posts - I am so glad you like them!!!!!
To cover some questions that I have received, let me try to get to them here:
  • The book that I used for the Easter Bunny Egg template is called "The Card Shop" by Sandra Lounsbury Foose. Tons of great ideas and templates in this book! If you can't find the book - send me an e-mail and we can work out getting the template to you that way. And if you need some assistance putting it together - just let me know!
  • The link to the Victorine Originals site is in the Post for the Collapsible Calendar, below. It wasn't working originally, but appears to be OK now. Enjoy!
I'm sending out a big Hi! to my stamping buddies who were over to play today! WOW - can those ladies get a lot done when they are on a mission! Buckle cards from THIS POST, Smackin' Acetate cards from THIS POST, a Collapsible calendar from THIS POST, making grass with embroidery thread from THIS POST, learning to colour with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, etc. etc. - WOW! My head is still spinning!!!!


And the card for today - Delight In Life!
Card dimensions - 5" w x 6 1/2" h.

Materials: CS - white, black, yellow-orange; Ink - Black (CTMH), Stamp - Delight In Life (SU!), white Signo gel pen, mini glue dots, white grosgrain ribbon (CTMH), Cuttlebug embossing folder - textile, large black brad (Making Memories), jump ring, butterfly charm (Dollarama), Prismacolor pencil, paper piercer/mat (Making Memories), scrap of white embroidery thread.


Lots going on for this card, but really very simple to make. The flowers are stamped on the yellow-orange CS, with the centres coloured with the Signo gel pen, then the petals are curled up. The little butterfly charm is attached with a small scrap of embroidery thread through the jump ring. And still in love with my Cuttlebug!!!
Hope you like this one!
Until next time, have a great day!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Very pretty! I love the little charm - very nice touch.

austin said...

I love your art!

Heidi said...

This is a definite wow card! The colors are beautiful and I love how you used the EF on the yellow! The flowers are charm look great!