Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Smackin' Best Fishes!

Happy First Full Day of Spring!!!!!
So as promised - today we are going to the beach, in honour of the promise of warmer weather!
You'll also need to raid your DH's tool kit for his sandpaper stash!!!

Smackin' Best Fishes:
Card Dimensions 6 1/2" w x 5" h.

Materials: CS - white, black Sahara Sand (CTMH); Stamps - Fishy Friends, Very Punny (SU!); Ink - markers (Inkadinkadoo), Black (CTMH); acetate, sandpaper (DH), white Signo gel pen (SU!), water mister/water, Cuttlebug embossing folder - Tiny Bubbles, Terrifically Tacky Tape, dimensionals (SU!), large brads (Making Memories), Word Window punch (SU!).

This card was made with another background that I made using the Smackin' Acetate technique as referenced in This Post. I love this technique to get the soft water ripples and colour combination! After it dried, I ran it through the Cuttlebug to get the Tiny Bubbles texture, that looks like water. I tore a piece of my DH's sandpaper to be the sandy beach at the bottom.

The fish and starfish are stamped onto coloured CS, and cut out, then popped up on some dimensionals. I coloured some of the stripes on the fish with my Signo gel pen (Love that thing!). I stamped the "Best Fishes" - a pun on Best Wishes - onto cardstock and punched it out with the Word Window punch. This was attached to the card front with a large brad, and the right edge of the punched piece is tucked under the matting.
Lots of textures on this card - so much fun for little ones to touch!
Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Super...just love it (and I am totally going to steal that sandpaper idea)!