Thursday, March 22, 2007

House Mouse Highlight

Today I wanted to highlight the House Mouse stamps, as they are so much fun to colour - and this company is now accepting pre-orders on 39 brand new mouse stamps, and introducing a set with bunnies called HappyHoppers.. So Cute!!!!! I definitely have to get some of these - and there is even a turtle stamp!!!!
Here's the link to their main page:

I'll show you a few cards I have made in the past with these stamps (you may also have seen these in my SplitCoast gallery if you have taken a look in there).
There are many ways to colour these images - regular pencil crayons, watercolouring, PrismaColours and Gamsol, chalks, etc. Whichever your favorite technique is - give it a try!

Fall Commuters:
Card dimensions 6 1/2" w x 5" h.


This card used the stamp Fall Commuters and was coloured using regular Laurentian pencil crayons (all CS and accessories from CTMH, ribbon from Offray).

Stockings Hung with Care Christmas Swap:
Card dimensions 6 1/2" w x 5" h.


This card used the Stockings Hung With Care stamp, and was again coloured with pencil crayons. The candy canes were striped with glitter (all CS and accessories from CTMH). These were for a Christmas Card Swap I participated in.

Java Jumpers:
Card dimensions 5" w x 6 1/2" h.


And here is the sentiment finished, inside.

This card used the Java Jumpers, Mouse Foot and Boring stamps and was coloured by watercolouring (all CS, ink and accessories from CTMH, punch from SU!). There is a photo hinge on the inside front cover to tuck a coffee card in for someone who needs a break. I love the sentiment on this card "I don't have a problem with caffeine... I have a problem without it!"
I was driving early one morning and saw this huge neon sign outside of a coffee shop, and that is what it said! It was one of those days, and boy, could I relate to that!

Hope you find some inspiration in these - and take a look at the stamps at House Mouse - they really are a lot of fun!
Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Allison said...

These are so cute and that last one is brilliant in design!

Heidi said...

These are adorable! I especially love the last one with the tiny yawning mousie! Very cute! You make we wanna go buy House Mouse stamps!