Monday, March 19, 2007

GOOD MONDAY MORNING!

For those who had March Break along with me - I hope it was a good one!
Back to the regular schedule this morning - a bit hard to get back into, but has to be done!

I was playing around with the Smackin' Acetate technique this week. Check out this tutorial on SplitCoast if you are not familiar with it. Very easy to do! I made another background page that I will show you later this week - but for today, it is a basic scenery background that I made.


Smackin' Lovely as a Tree:

Card dimensions 6 1/2" w x 5" h.

Materials: CS - white, black; Ink - markers (inkadinkadoo), Black (CTMH); Stamps - Lovely as a Tree, Happy Harmony (both SU!); Punch - corner ticket punch (SU!); acetate, water misting bottle/water, paper piercer/mat, foam tape.

I made the background with the Smackin' Acetate technique - using markers. After trying a few looks, I found that I preferred to use a light hand with the markers, and a heavy hand with the water mist. I liked the effect better when it was subtle rather than more intense colour-wise. Make sure you do a few trials if you are doing this technique to see what you like best.

The rest of the card was very basic - and very quick. The longest thing was waiting for it to dry!!!


Drop by tomorrow for Turtle Tuesday!
Until next time, have a great day!

No comments: