Saturday, March 3, 2007

FLOWERS

The final post in this Theme Week of Giga Scalloped Circle Punch – Alternative Uses is an art folio for my Darling Daughter’s (DD) scrapbook.

I hope you have enjoyed this Theme Week! Please leave me your comments on if it was of interest or any assistance to you – I would love to know! Also, if you can think of any other creative uses, leave a comment to let us all know (and try it out!). Hope you have been inspired!

Lily’s Art Folio:
Dimensions 12” x 12”.



And here is a close up of the flowers:

Materials: CS – Navy (generations), lilac; PP – Spring (Dollarama); Punches – Giga Scalloped Circle, Mega Circle, Daisy (Marvy), ¼” hole (Staples); Navy fine point Sharpie (Staples), Cuttlebug alpha die – Olivia, brads (Making Memories).

To make this folio, you need 1 – 12” x 12” cardstock for the back, and 1- 12” x 12” patterned paper for the cover. I cut roughly ¾” off the top right corner for easy access to the folio pocket. I used a permanent tape runner to glue the two sides and bottom edge to the CS, then reinforced that with brads at all 4 corners.
To make the open lilac flowers, punch a Mega circle out of CS, then punch again on the CS using the Giga scalloped circle and centre the Mega hole inside (make sure you do it in this order, so that you have paper to hold onto when punching). To make the navy solid flower, simply punch out a Giga scalloped circle and then use your scissors to cut into a centre point from each valley of the scallops.
I then doodled the flower stems and leaves, free-hand style, using a fine point Sharpie marker. The letters are cut out using my Cuttlebug (still love that little bug!).

Folios like this are a great way to include more items in a scrapbook section than you normally could on a single scrapbook page. This is a fun way to include their art, creations, letters/poems, or even report cards – without making them front and centre on a scrapbook page! Hope you enjoyed!

Until next time, have a great day (and weekend!).

4 comments:

scoopy said...

Nice job - these are all so clever!

Jackie said...

I have totally enjoyed your week of punching tips but this one was the best, I think!

Meg said...

I certainly have enjoyed this week. It has given me many ideas that I can use. Thank you.

Allison said...

Great job this week...nice to see all the thought and effort you put in here!