Thought I would share with you a Circle Journal that my usual craft ladies and I made in October/November.
For those of you who do not know what a Circle Journal is - it is a scrapbook that you make and pass around a group of people (either a group of people you know, or a group that you sign up to join in with), where each different person does a double page layout in the scrapbook in the theme that you choose. If you think of all the people in your group as sitting in a circle, you pass your book on to the person on your right, they decorate a double page, and then pass the book on to the person on their right. The books pass around the 'circle' like that until you receive your own book back! You never see your own book until the end - so lots of surprises!
We made our own journals by cutting each 12" x 12" cardstock into 2 - 6" x 12" pieces and then folding each piece in half. You put the open ends of the fold in to the binding edge of the book, so that when a person decorates the page they can embellish all they like because they still have access to the back of the page without ruining the other person's work on the other side.
We held our books together with binder rings (available at any office supply store) so that the pages could be removed and replaced easily - to work on. I choose "Love conquers all....Chocolate does the rest". The book consisted of (please note I have removed any personal information/photos):
- Cover Page (decorated with title/theme).
- Inside cover - "I am" (indicates who you are and where you live, so that people could mail the book to you.
- Page 1 - instructions on what you would like (special colours, instructions on how to decorate, etc.).
- Page 2 and 3 - sign in pockets where each person 'signs in' by writing their name and address and perhaps attaches a photo of themselves - so you can see who worked on your booklet. You could use tags, journal squares - really anything you would like for this (I used tags attached to jumbo paper clips)
- Page 4/5, 6/7, 8/9, 10/11 etc are the double page spreads that each person would decorate. And here is my double page spread - Loads Of Love!
This was such a fantastic experience; I got to see other people's styles and learn new techniques. It was also fun doing the other books, as I challenged myself to TRY SOMETHING NEW on each one! Lots of fun - and SO much laughter when we met at the end to receive our books back! Loads of Love AND Loads of Fun!
Hoping you have Loads of Love for your Valentine's Day and every day!
Until next time, have a great day!