Thursday, February 8, 2007

ALMOST THE WEEKEND!

Well, it's almost the weekend! YEAH!

First of all - just to get some blog stuff out of the way - I wanted provide a link to the post I did on how to leave a comment. I have had a couple more e-mails from people just getting into checking these fun blog sites, but are not sure how to leave a comment (sending a big hello to AUSTRALIA!!!!!!) - so click HERE for instructions. I always love to read the comments!

OK - on to today....

Beary Sweet & Doodling:
Card dimensions: 3" w x 3" h

Materials: (all materials are CTMH unless otherwise indicated) Stamp - The Best Way: Ink - Black, CS - White Daisy, Grey Wool, Grey Flannel, Desert Sand, Bamboo, Blush, Vineyard Barry; Eyelets - White Daisy, Bamboo, Black; black Zig marker (fine tip), sandpaper.
This set was so fun - and I just love teddy bears.
To make these, the white card base is 3" x 6" and folded in half. The coloured mat is 2 3/4" square, and it is distressed with sandpaper for a 'worn' look (I love this about the cardstock from CTMH - it has a white inner core). Each of the teddy stamps were stamped in black ink onto 2 colours of coordinating CS (or 3 in the case of the ones holding the flowers) and then I cut out the tummies and muzzles of 1 colour and glued onto the base teddy (see picture for a better idea of that).
I first glued the CS mat onto the card front, and then glued the teddies on. Then it is all set with coordinating eyelets in the 4 corners. Last but not least - some doodling with my fine point black marker, to make the grass on either side of the bear. Doodling is all the rage right now - so get out your markers and give it a try. Perhaps you can even draw you own design or bear instead of stamping one!
Tomorrow, I hope to be able to share a new blog friend's give-away with you from her site, so pop back in and see!
Until next time, have a great day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

These are so cute!