Darling Husband (DH) asked me to use some other colours of paper this time (he says I use green and brown too much and that the last card was not to his liking!!!!) To be completely honest, I'm not sure I like the last card either - but you never know - everyone likes different things! So on to today's post......
Card dimensions are 4 1/4 inches w x 5 1/2 inches h.
Materials: Stamp - Wishing You (SU), CS - Hollyhock, White (CTMH), Barely Banana (SU), Cuttlebug embossing folder - Heart Blocks, yellow embroidery thread, Large Postal scissors (Fiskars), Word window punch (SU), 1/8 inch hole punch, small heart punch (Marvy).
Tips to help you make this card:
- Top, bottom and right edges of the card front are distressed by running the open blade of a pair of scissors along it, to reveal the white inner core of the CTMH cardstock.
- 1/8 inch hole is punched in the spine of the card to put the embroidery thread through.
- The dangling hearts on the embroidery thread are made using 2 cut out hearts per thread, sandwiching the thread between 2 and gluing. Note that the heart shape is traced from the main stamped image open heart.
- I punched out some small hearts in the banana and hollyhock CS to insert in the card as confetti.
- The word window punch (with the words 'Wishing You' in it) is elongated from the actual punch size to fit the stamped words.
Hope to have you drop by again soon.........
And remember - tomorrow is Turtle Tuesday!