Tuesday, January 30, 2007

TURTLE TUESDAY

Happy Turtle Tuesday!
First of all - in case you missed it, I did a post late last night with the instructions for the card box from yesterday morning - for all those who asked for it. Just scroll down to the previous post.
Now on to today's...........
I thought I would call this card Spot The Turtle - because of the spotted patterned paper and the donut.
A donut you say? Now that I have your attention.........this is just the name for this style of card; one with a hole in the front that shows through the picture or sentiment on the inside.


Spot the Turtle:
Card is 8 1/2" w x 3 7/8 h.





Materials: Stamp - Princess Turtle (Inky Antics), Ribbon - Buttercup (CTMH), blue (Offray), CS - white, Paper - Coca Cafe Designer Collection (CTMH), Punch - 1 1/4" circle (SU!), Ink - Cocoa (CTMH), pencil crayons (Laurentian).

To make this card I made the white CS base, and covered it in the spotted patterned paper, and tied the ribbon bow. I then took the circle punch and punched out one of the circles. I then traced inside that circle lightly with a pencil onto the inside of the card (this is so I could stamp the inside design where I wanted it and the turtle's face would be seen through the hole in the card front). Then I stamped the inside design and got the urge to go back to basics - and colour just like my little Darling Daughter (DD) does, with plain old pencil crayons. I had forgotten how fun and easy that is! The sentiment says "Sittin' and thinkin' of you!"



To put the finishing touch on the card, I punched out some more circles from the patterned paper, and put them on an envelope to coordinate.
Hope you find some time in your day to get Back to Basics and just enjoy yourself!

So until next time, have a great day!















3 comments:

xiaocaicai85 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

This card is awesome...both the inside and the outside...good for you!

Anonymous said...

totally cute...TFS...LIANN