Wednesday, January 31, 2007

HANG IN THERE!

Well - it's Thursday... almost the weekend so hang in there!
And that announces the card for today.....

Hang In There!:
Card dimensions 2 3/4 " h x 5" w.


Materials: CS - pink, light pink, white, Cocoa (CTMH); Ribbon - paisley, Cocoa grosgrain (CTMH); Punch - Giga scalloped circle (Marvy); Cuttlebug die - Zoo animals, 2-way glue.

This card was a bit of an experiment to see how I could use the Giga scalloped punch other than the usual scalloped circle, and I quite like how it turned out.

To make the scallop on the front flap, I cut my pink CS to 12" x 2 3/4". This width is able to be inserted into the Giga punch, when you turn the punch upside down - then you can just scallop 1 end of the paper. Check out the photo below to see what happens.



I then scored the pink CS roughly 1 inch in from the scallop and then folded the long end in, to meet this scored line. That makes the base of the card. I repeated the scalloped punch trick on white CS and adhered it to the inside of the front scalloped pink flap, making sure a bit of the white showed. Then I tied the ribbon around this flap. With the Cuttlebug, I punched out the monkey in both light pink and Cocoa, and then interchanged the light pink and brown branches - using 1 monkey on the front and the other inside.


I printed the sentiment on the colour printer, matching the R/G/B codes to exactly match Cocoa Ink from CTMH. This is a great way of getting sentiments that you don't have stamps for, in the colour of ink/CS you want. Once it was printed, I again cut it so that it was 2 3/4 wide and scallop punched just above the sentiment, and repeated this just below the sentiment.

I hope you like today's post.
Until next time, have a great day!

4 comments:

Allison said...

This is super...I am going to add it to my cool posts of the week! Thanks for the tip on the giga scalloped circle!

Lois said...

WOW....I just found your blog thanks to Allison. It definately will be on my favorite list and be checked everyday. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration. Now off to tell my other friends, Lois

judy sanch said...

your site is terrific,am looking forward to seeing more of your great ideas!

Dawn Mercedes said...

sweet! thanks for sharing!