Friday, January 26, 2007

CELEBRATE...WITH BLOOM DOTS

As soon as I saw this Bloom Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, I thought about punching out all the different sized holes in the various blooms/designs; about a dark/black base and letting a bright colour shine through! This was lots of fun to do and I'm happy with how it turned out, even though it is not my usual colour scheme!
I got this embossing folder at Scrappin' Great Deals - check them out!



Celebrate...with Bloom Dots:
Card size is 6 1/2 inches w x 5 inches h.


Materials: Cuttlebug embossing folder - Bloom Dots, die - Birthday, CS - black , turquoise, Ink - Black (CTMH), Stamp - sentiment from Birthday Turtle set (Inky Antics), Punches - 1/8 and 1/4 inch hole, word window (SU), white photo hanger (CTMH), ribbon - turquoise (Offray), black gingham (SU), jump ring, paper piercer/mat.



I used the paper piercer, as well as the 1/8 and 1/4 inch hole punches to punch out the circles in the blooms - and if the hole was larger that 1/4 inch, I simply punched it a few extra times to make the hole bigger. Also - the word window punch was elongated (cut your CS the width of the punch and just insert the end in the window punch to get the curved ends.)

Try to drop by on Monday, when I hope to have a cute little boxed set of 3 x 3 inch note cards to share with you. And of course, there is always Turtle Tuesday!

Until next time, enjoy your weekend, stay warm, and have a great day!

No comments: